Saturday, January 1, 2011

for 2011 I will...

Begin saving for my future- hello 403B!
Yes this may be its third appearance on my yearly list...but this time it will happen.
Well hopefully

Shop more locally
For the last few weeks I've been working hard at this, and I think I can do 90% of my grocery shopping local. My favorite places: Huffman's Market and Local Yokel. I want my money to stay in the local economy not corporate america.

Waste Less
especially with food. I have a problem...When I cook, I make giant meals (due to Jesse's "parasite" that likes to consume large amounts) However, the leftovers get out of control. I either need to cook less or eat more leftovers.

starting with a pantry challenge. Only shopping for fresh produce/dairy and cleaning out my pantry. Let's hope inspiration and creativity strikes. I have lots of beans and rice, but wondering how many different ways can I make them hmmm

Loving more on my out of town friends
I hate losing touch with my favorites. Lets start taking advantage of all these cell phone minutes.

Going to the dentist- once
Yes, I know I'm supposed to go to the dentist every 6 months. But since I've been once in the last ten years, I thought aiming for twice this coming year is a bit much. Let's start slow with once. Oh and I have a coupon for this!

be Produce-tastic!
A few years ago I half assed an attempt at growing my own seedlings. Well thanks
to a new
shelf for my front window, I am going to full ass an attempt to grow
seedlings.
Tomatoes,
Beans (cause their easy) and something else that we'll love.

Love on my garden more, but be realistic about what we plant

Make and can enough salsa/sauce/tomatoes to last the long, cold winter months

Can fresh fruit in the summer, cause these peaches I'm eating right now are
amazing!

Focus on the fun stuff in my job
I easily get caught up in the bad/exhausting/emotionally draining parts of my
profession,
but like Teacher Tom Says if it's not fun, I'm not doing it right.

1 comment:

  1. love this... I roasted some of the tomatoes we canned this year.. oh my - you really forget how delicious summer tomatoes are!

    ReplyDelete