Monday, January 17, 2011

a new year tradition

courtesy of my aunt sherry by way of one of her friends, incorporating what I believe are traditions from the Unitarian Universalists...

We begin by lighting a great big roaring fire. Then we write down things we don't want to bring with us into the new year. Then we crumble them up and throw them into the fire. We watch them burn to crisps knowing that they are no longer things we can burden ourselves with.

I love this tradition.

Then comes the other half. We write out a list for the upcoming year of things we want to do. Sometimes this list gets affected by peer pressure "oh, you really should add this or that" Sometimes the peer pressure is inspiring "oh, I like that idea, I'm gonna steal it!" This list is similar to my other list. But being created in a different venue, and stealing other's inspirations, it looks a bit different.

Get another stamp in my National Parks Passport

Start Contributing to a 403b ended up on both lists, guess I have to do it now.

Plan Hawaii Extravaganza. T minus 439 days and counting!!!

Craft Night Monthly Stealing inspiration from a friend

Go to temple with friends- for fun! Cause not fun religious events don't count. Oh and this was also peer pressure inspired

Buy 90% of my groceries from local shops. Hmm both lists again, must be important.

Stay under our grocery budget To be able to transfer the extras for Hawaii Extravaganza!!!

Ski at least twice with Jesse Well not sure about this, since I'm kinda fighting with the mountain right now.

Ride bike to farmer's market twice Peer pressure from friends suggested that numbers might help goals be more achievable, we shall see

Leave work @ work. Well considering I have a bag full of goodies for my classroom I just purchased today, this one won't come to easily. But the tutus were $1.00 at Target...$1.00 and they will look fabulous on my little ones who are playing ballerina these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment