Tuesday, January 11, 2011

I laugh everyday

Just like Teacher Tom says, If It's not fun, I'm not doing it right...

Cause potty training is just plain funny, a few conversations I've witnessed this week...

My bottom is spicy! following a very big and very stinky BM

It takes a lot of practice not to pee in your underwear. You have to practice a lot. Then you'll be a grown up. Yes, it's true. Grownups do not pee in their underwear

And because it's always fun to watch a boy realize that a girl looks just a bit different with no pants on...Young lad bends down to get a close up view of a young lady sitting on the potty. Looks very confused before asking Why aren't you pushing your penis down? So glad I'm teacher and not Mom. I simply shoo-ed him out of the bathroom and told him to ask his mom about that one.

Learning how to be friends is hard. Just a few ways we've tried this week...

If I take her doll and run away, will she be my friend? umm No
If I scream in his ear that I want to be next, will he give me his toy? umm No
If I'm wanting to do a painting idea and I find 3 inches of room at the table, can I squeeze my way in (and push my friends out of the way) and take a turn? umm No
If while in the course of playing "hockey" I grab my friend and pull him down, will my friend keep playing with me? umm No
It is likely I'll end up sobbing about said friend who fell on top of me umm Yes
Will I get my teacher's sympathy? umm No If you don't want to get fallen on, stop pulling your friends down.

So our goals for the rest of the week. Let's spend less time in the bathroom. Let's play with our friends, not aggravate them. Let's not wrestle at school.

1 comment:

  1. I love when you tell us what your little ones say... you need to make a book!

    ReplyDelete