Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Ignoring the Environmental Implications

that right, I've turned my back on the environment. At least temporarily.

Got my heat cranked up to 74 degrees and I'm loving it.

I figure after the stressful weekend (visit with the parents) and the lingering fever/head cold, I'm allowed to crank up the heat and spend a few days under the big down comforter. If only we had a fire place.

I felt it coming on around noon on Saturday...the tickle at the back of my throat. Normally this begins the onslaught of preventative techniques: airborne, oranges, whiskey, sleeping.

Instead I was entertaining the folks. I've always tinkered around with the notion that emotions- especially stress- actually affect health and symptoms I experience.

Does anyone remember the wisdom tooth flare up courtesy
of stressed out Carri trying to open a new school and handle
the surprise visit from a certain someone who did not live
anywhere near me. I assumed distance= not having to be
prepared for surprise visits. Enter evil laughter here. Let's
just say I did not exactly handle that one gracefully.

Well I am a firm believer that stress and my body fighting off illnesses are not a good combination. Thanks to the little snot crusted, I don't know how to not cough on your face, darlings at school- germs are migrating through my system constantly. Normally my body is like Oh Yeah, is that the best you got? and the germs quickly pass with a sniffle or sore throat.

This time not so much. Following a rather stressful conversation...in which I wore my big girl panties and was very very brave...It hit me like a ton of bricks. What began with a tickle at the back of my throat turned into a full blown I've been run over by a truck, cold + fever for added entertainment.

The Plan was immediately launched into: sleep, mucinex, tylenol, chicken soup, oranges, airborne, orange juice and lots and lots of water. And the removal of the stress from my life. 48 hours later and I feel pretty dang good. My body is a wonderful thing. So strong. So impressed at how quickly it kicked those germs outta here.

2 comments:

  1. glad you a re feeling better - sorry about Wed. Mike got off early and Ikea bug was in our veins... I have a love/hate relationship with that place.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you tell us a little more about your "big girl panties?"

    ReplyDelete