Sunday, March 4, 2012

2011 Goal Update

So what its the third month of the year, I still want to take a moment and reflect 2011...

Begin saving for my future- hello 403B!
I totally did this one! I mean my finance guy recommends 20% but who are we kidding. Off to a great start putting some in each month and there is a plan to get closer to that magic number.
Shop more locally
For the last few weeks I've been working hard at this, and I think I can do 90% of my grocery shopping local. My favorite places: Huffman's Market and Local Yokel. I want my money to stay in the local economy not corporate america.

I think I/we did really well with this, keeping it a goal for the next year, but want to do better at actually tracking this to be sure I'm staying on track

Waste Less
especially with food. I have a problem...When I cook, I make giant meals (due to Jesse's "parasite" that likes to consume large amounts) However, the leftovers get out of control. I either need to cook less or eat more leftovers.

Did awesome with this one- fully embraced the art of leftovers for lunch...wahoo!

Loving more on my out of town friends
Wow ummm pretty sure I failed at this one, well aside from fbook stalking of course. Need to pick up the phone more.

Going to the dentist- once
I did it, and it hurt, and they yelled at me. Boooo. Bought another coupon, therefore I will go at least once again this year.

be Produce-tastic!
A few years ago I half assed an attempt at growing my own seedlings. Well thanks
to a new
shelf for my front window, I am going to full ass an attempt to grow
seedlings.
Tomatoes,
Beans (cause their easy) and something else that we'll love.
Ummm yeah, seedlings still don't work for me

Love on my garden more, but be realistic about what we plant
Well done

Make and can enough salsa/sauce/tomatoes to last the long, cold winter months
done- still have several quarts of tomatoes waiting to be salsafied

Can fresh fruit in the summer, cause these peaches I'm eating right now are
amazing!
next year- applesauce and peaches!

Focus on the fun stuff in my job
I easily get caught up in the bad/exhausting/emotionally draining parts of my
profession,
but like Teacher Tom Says if it's not fun, I'm not doing it right.

Ohhhh we had a blast on Friday- details coming soon

No comments:

Post a Comment