Friday, March 23, 2012

Money money money

So I had a plan- spend 90% of my food money from local shops.

Why?
I love the idea of buying local
of supporting a small business
not corporate America

Yeah I know my grocery bill isn't as small as it could be
But I feel good about my money going to support the teenagers who stock my produce.

So hows it going?

January
Evil Corporate America:
Giant Eagle $30 -
$24 -
Krogers $30 -
total: $84

The Less Evil:
Trader Joes $125
$40
total: $165

The Good:
Huffmans $25
Weilands $20
Andersons $11
$32
total: $88 out of 337 25% bummer

So 50/50 on good vs evil, with most in that wonderful middle ground of still corporate America, but a corporate America I feel less hostile about. Why do I feel less hostile about Trader Joes? Cant really put it into words, just a feeling I get when I walk in the store. Oh and they cook up products for staff to taste so they can talk with me about it- I like that they feed their employees

February
Evil Corporate America:
Krogers $7

the Less Evil:
none

The Good:
Andersons $141
$30
$8
$14
$32
the Co-op $34
Weilands $42
$45
Huffmans $70
total: $416 out of 423 98% wahoo!

Clearly I'm much prouder of February than January. Total for the year? 67%
I'm glad it's only March...gives me more time to get this number up

No comments:

Post a Comment