Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My first big project

Ravelry Inspired Me
I stared at the pattern for weeks- a planning and a plotting
Then I bought it and promptly grew terrified

I can't read a pattern?
What the heck does K2tog and Ssk mean?
What was I thinking?

Thanks to google, and my dear pattern reading Aunt
and several false starts

I have a sweater!!!

Most of the knitting happened during late night tv watching
and tailgate Saturdays
and weekend trips to love on my nephew


It's not the flowey vision I had
But its cute and funky

Started with 119 stitches, ended up with way, way less than that
Channeled Tim Gunn and decided to make it work
Played up the crookedness by adding buttons and
pretending like the front was supposed to be on an angle

Most of all it's my first big project
and I love it, flaws and all

me pretending to be a model

the original inspiration/what it was supposed to look like

1 comment:

  1. Nice adaptation. I think yours looks more stylish than the original!

    ReplyDelete