Saturday, March 10, 2012

14 days and counting

At some point each day I google map our condo in Hawaii, then I zoom into street view and notice all the cute shops nearby, then I move up and down the street to see my Lanais (doesn't that sound fancy) from different angles.

Some might say this is obsessive.
I'm just so freaking excited.

I started thinking about this trip years and years ago.

Halfway through college I was inspired. I knew I wanted to see all 50 states. I knew some would be a lot easier to get to than others. I knew I wanted to save Hawaii for something special.

Next weekend will mark 5 years since I hit my 49th state

Two weeks after that will mark 5 years since a first date with an amazing man.

We've traveled a bunch together, and continue to dream about the adventures to come. I can't wait to take him out West- he will never want to come home. I can't wait to show him Alaska (although hopefully we'll try somewhere new, not ghetto Hyder Alaska)

But this is the first time we'll see somewhere new to both of us.

A trip I've thought about for a decade. Wondered who I would share it with. I couldn't have imagined it better. An adventure with my man. A chance to celebrate us.

I'm just so freaking excited!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Carri that is so awesome! I had no idea all of that - hooray!

    ReplyDelete