Friday, August 24, 2012

oh the projects

It's quickly becoming clear the dirty little secret of home ownership
There are always projects to be done
Someone may have suggested making a list
Someone may have thrown an itty bitty tantrum and declared
     We will live here forever!  We don't need a damn list

Grateful for inlaws with awesome tools like powerwashers.  
Watched Jesse for a few moments then decided it looked like fun
He wouldn't let me use it near the house
Apparently I did it too slowly and someone was feeling nervous I would damage the side of the house

Love the immediate results- wooo hooo clean deck!
But then, a tiny bit of dirty grime flew up and hit me in the face
I realized I was covered in tiny polka dots of dirty grime
and just like that I was finished


4 people, 8 hours and our flower beds look fantastic
We filled up 13 bags of lawn "trash" 
And created 3 distinct piles of kindling for the fire pit
Who knew their were rocks hiding under the ivy?



Up Next:
Sealing the deck
and Painting the basement
Wonder what else we'll stumble upon

No comments:

Post a Comment