Tuesday, August 14, 2012

In Hindsight

After a weekend spent cleaning and cleaning and cleaning, I'm so glad we didn't buy a fixer upper house.  That being said we invested...

a day steam cleaning the carpet in one room (Granted, its a biggish room, with lots of nooks and crannies making me grateful the cleaner came with hand tools)

a day scrubbing grout- cause ewww...7 magic erasers later and the heebie jeebies are gone

a day working in the yard and did not get the grass mowed or the landscaping weeded
     however, we did pull out the ugly satellite dish, and create a big giant burn pile- yay

a day scrubbing down walls and cursing renters who put nails, hooks and staples into old fabulous wood trim

a few hours beginning to scrub down the kitchen at which point a certain someone (me) gave up after dog hair was found inside the fridge

I have never been an animal person and I'm pretty sure this experience is confirming that 

This whole owning a house thing is a lot of work

but I love, love, love it!

1 comment: