Sunday, May 13, 2012

this time of the year

Over half my class has turned 3
Usually we kick them out on their 3rd birthday
they move on to bigger and better things
     (mostly a bigger playground and older classmates)

You see, I'm a toddler teacher
I heart 2 year olds
and their cute, cuddly, tantrum throwing selves
I can deal with tantrums

I cannot deal with manipulation
with "you can not come to my birthday!"
with out right refusal to listen to what I say
with the pinching, poking and then claiming "I don't know why she's crying"

They get away with it when their little
I tell myself they're still learning
They don't know how to make friends
     that's why they pinch and poke and pull hair

But now, they're 3
and it's time to step up
Cause we have 6 more weeks till you move on
It can be a lllooonnnggg 6 weeks if you want to play this way

at least they tell funny stories...

Amy is getting married.
She gets to wear a dress.
Mommy says I can't wear a dress.
I have to wear a swimsuit
     He is going to be sorely disappointed when its not a swimsuit he gets to wear


There was a bat in my house
Daddy was working
Mommy chased it with my net
She didn't catch it
     would have loved to witness that


In 2 weeks my mom is going to have a baby in her belly.
I'll make tea for it
     Can't wait to see if this prediction comes true


I'm a bride!
I need bridal music!
    luckily big band era music sufficed
    where is your groom?
I don't have a groom!
I a bride!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment