Monday, January 14, 2013

Upcoming

This next year I want to...

Create more:
The sewing shop down my street and I have a love/hate relationship. I love love love that shop. My budget, not so much.
They host workshops. Excited to learn new tricks, excited to figure out my machine.

     Sewing list:
     Baby gifts (cause friends keep making em!)
     Pouches to replace ziplocs, cause someone has a nasty habit of using like 3 a day
     Getting through my mending stash, I miss my favorites!

I've fallen into a cooking rut. The plan? Starting with 31 days of veggies. Making a concentrated effort to try new recipes. Hoping by the end of winter to feel refreshed and inspired in my kitchen.

Speaking of refreshed in the kitchen! Our thinking? Spend 500 and give the kitchen a whole new feel to tide us over until we do our big dramatic (tearing walls down) makeover. Newly painted walls, cabinets and countertops will go a long way to making the space feel new.

Do something after dinner. Too many nights I get pulled in by the food coma and TV. Instead I want to accomplish something after dinner. Starting small with some laundry or a project. Perhaps adding in some yoga or (heaven help me) cardio.

Keep an open book on my nightstand.  During the move we got into the habit of watching TV in bed.  Now that we are settled I want to get back into the habit of reading before I fall asleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment