Tuesday, January 8, 2013

First week

And someone (coughjessecough) has already cheated. Not to worry I told him, we'll just add some more days at the end bwah ha ha!

Favorite recipe this week?
Kale pesto pasta minus the shrimp and loaded with lots of fresh veggies...yum yum

A close second?
Although Jesse called it right, this is yummy but not really jambalaya.  Probably due to the lack of 3 different kinds of meat

Some filler recipes
ie: recipes we've made a million times, easy meals we can pull off after a long day of work
Breakfast burritos...I do love me some Mexican mmmm mmmm
Beans & Rice and Quesadillas
Cause did I mention, I love Mexican?

Most disappointing recipe this week?
The meatless hopping John: annoyed because I followed the recipe and it just didn't have much flavor. Usually I go rouge and throw in a bit of this and that. Lesson learned. Trust my cooking instincts.

Excited to see what next week will bring!
Including the challenge of cooking for my Father in Law who declared
No meat?  I'll bring my own!

2 comments: