Sunday, December 18, 2011

Avoiding the Winter Blues

its no secret that Winter and I have a love/hate relationships (although the percentages more closely resemble 20/80- on a good day)

I have a plan
to distract me from the quiet house
of a man who travels for work in the winter
then skis all the god damn time he is home
just kidding, kind of, not really
to combat the dreary cold gray of the environment
to inspire me to get out of bed in the morning

It mostly involves cooking projects, but I heart the way a simmering pot of soup fills up a whole house with love.

Gonna double, triple, quadruple recipes to fill up the big silver pot. Look out friends: I envision jars of soup ending up on doorsteps throughout the city.

Hoping I am able to Can some it, perhaps to end up on doorsteps in far away places.

Recipes I'm most excited for:
Mexican lentil Stew
Spicy Chipotle Bean Soup
Butternut Pear Curry Bisque
now doesn't that sound fancy?!

Starting today with Spicy Parsnip soup. My first time ever buying a parsnip...they look like albino carrots. Fingers Crossed, deep breath and go!

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to dig in to ours!! Add to the list - hanging out with us because I miss you.

    ReplyDelete