Wednesday, April 20, 2011

We're 3 weeks in

Well it looks like this tornado season is kicking off swimmingly. After last fall's adventures of huddling in the basement hallway with 12 toddlers, I get slightly anxious when tornado weather is coming. My ears are tuned into the silence, just waiting to hear those god damn sirens.

Those sirens that mean stop whatever your doing, convince the kiddos to stop whatever they are doing. Walk do not run down the long hallway to the basement. Where toddlers must be entertained with whatever I can find in my pockets. Hair barrettes on a good day, lint on a not so good day.

Well last night the sirens went off. Thank God is was 2:30 am not 2:30 pm. Thank God!

Instead of waking up 12 toddlers and convincing them to follow me down the hall, I only had to wake up 1 Jesse. Although a bit like my toddlers...

He grumbled as I woke him up.
He stumbled down the hallway and stairs, collapsing into a heap on the floor.
He wrapped the blanket around forming his own little cocoon in the cold dark basement.
He questioned my sanity asking Why? and did not like my response of "Cause we have too"

Thank God it was 2:30 am.

Although for the record, Franklin County...can we work on this tornado siren thingy. I don't mind them when there is an actual threat. But when the storm passes and then the sirens start I begin to believe its a bit of malarkey. I'm all for safety. But I'm not all for this hiding out in a basement thing unless i really really have to.

1 comment:

  1. Is it bad that Eva woke me up... I never heard the sirens and rocked her to sleep.

    I can imagine Jesse now... hilarious.

    ReplyDelete