Wednesday, April 27, 2011

A storm is coming!

Were in the midst of our 3rd day of "severe weather" is coming.

Thanks weatherman, but wind/sprinkling rain does not really equal severe weather. Sure the clouds look menacing, but I'll still bundle up the kiddos and head outside. Whereas severe weather finds me hunkered down in the basement.

We've been leaving the classroom door open in the afternoon. Loving the fresh breeze and watching the weather.

Some of the kiddos noticed the wind and began chanting
A storm is coming, a storm is coming
I love storms! but only at school (guess who plays up their parents at home?)
I love thunder! When is it going to be loud?

Apparently they don't remember that severe weather often leads to us sitting (with no toys/books/puzzles) in the basement hallway. Maybe instead they are remembering this

Being a teacher of toddler I'm not kidding myself. They are most likely simply caught up in their friends excitement. They most likely have no idea that they are cheering for the thunder to start. Had it started (like the weatherman said) I'm sure it would have been quickly followed by loud wailing from my toddler room. But for now, we'll pretend to be brave

No comments:

Post a Comment