Monday, June 8, 2009

What I learned this weekend...

I am not high falutin'.  We were graced with tickets to the Memorial Golf Tournament this weekend and while neither of us are "golf people" we decided to check it out- thought it would be a neat thing to do.  Well it was totally cool.  However, at many points along the way I did not think we would be able to actually see anything there.

First let me say that when Jesse goes long periods without eating, he turns into a grumpy gus with a wicked temper.  Unfortunately he did not heed my advice and eat something before we left for the tournament.  We were gonna grab food first thing once we got there and he didn't want to spoil his appetite. Well we parked the car at 12:30 and begin the half mile walk to the gate.  He's a lil grumpy, a lil worried about his car getting dusty in the parking lot, but not too tempermental yet. 

And then we get to the gate.  They have a rule- no photography, therefore no cell phones.  Jesse being the kind, unassuming man that he is, Said Yes when asked if he had a cell phone.  He pulled it out to show the man that he turned it off and that is when the Douchbag #1 opens his mouth.  "You can't take that in, leave it here."  Ha, leave it here, does he not know my boyfriend?  Jesse says No!  Douchbag #1 says, "Then take it to your car."  We walk back down the path until we're out of sight and Jesse begins to stew...who does he think he is telling me what to do...i'll show him...he can't make me leave my phone... 

We walk back to the gate for attempt #2 with his cell phone cleverly hidden in my purse which has already been through security- oh and by the way, they said nothing about my cell phone sitting right there in my purse.  Doughbag #1 sees right through us and won't less Jesse in.  Now the lack of eating has gotten the better of Jesse's spirits and several different colorful words come spouting out.  

This time we did walk back to the car, attempt #3 proved successful in getting through the gate.  Douchbag #1 did call Jesse out, but he played the "cool guy" and turned around, smile on his face, arms out as if to say- what are you gonna do about it? 

On the way to the clubhouse we were in the middle of a giant crowd of people waiting to see Tiger Woods- seriously is it that exciting to watch a man hit a ball- for practice!  We were stopped in the crowd by security as someone important walked by.  Someone bumps into Jesse's leg.  No big deal, we are seriously packed in like sardines.  Bumps again, ok now Jesse's a lil irritated.  Then the voice "Move!"  We turn around, and it wasn't a fellow golf watcher who bumped into us, it was a stupid security guy (Douchbag #2) in a cart.  One security guy has us barricaded in and another wants us to get out of his way- seriously!  Ya'll need some better communication! 

There was a verbal exchange between Douchbag #2 and Jesse in which both of them threatened to call the sheriff.  Luckily it didn't come to that and we safely made our way to the clubhouse.  After a nice lunch we watched some golf (and watched some folks watching golf) and it was a lovely afternoon.

Then that night I learned lesson #2 for the weekend- I cannot cannot cannot watch scary movies.  Earlier this week we watched Mr. Brooks- good movie, just very scary.  When it finished I told Jesse, you cannot let me watch movies like this- they are too too too scary.  Jesse's response: but thats what I'm here for, to keep you safe- awww.  But doesn't protect me from scary dreams.  Well it took 4 days for the movie to make its way through my subconscious and produce a scary dream, but boy did it happen.

There was a serial killer chasing us around with a hatchet!  Let's just say I was wide awake from that dream.  And since I'm wide awake, I woke Jesse too, afterall it was his idea to watch the movie.  Good payback.

No comments:

Post a Comment