Monday, June 22, 2009

My next career

I've decided that for my next career I'm going to be a travel agent. Specializing in roadtrips across america.

In 4 days we're flying to Florida- and I can't wait. After a weekend of family fun, we're driving back. 7 days 7 states and at least 3 detours everyday.

Check it out! I haven't decided on a name yet, all the best roadtrips have names. The Alaskan Adventure: to Hell and Back (and learning that Canadian radio really really blows) The Great Detour roadtrip (just how long does it take to drive 200 miles- apparantly 2 days) The Great Northern Adventure (and learning that when a tire blows out on a gravel road in Montana, it sounds just like an airplane coming in to land)

The recipe for a great roadtrip:
At least 1 detour every day www.roadsideamerica.com
Good tunes or in this case good conversation www.jackandstench.com

Now all I have left to do is pack- and convince Jesse that I really honestly do need 6 pairs of shoes. It's not my fault that our roadtrip covers the spectrum of possibilities.
3 pairs of flip flop for Florida and the Beach: 1 everyday pair, 1 sandy pair for the beach, 1 pair just in case either break (has been known to happen)
1 pair fancy dress shoes appropriate for his cousins wedding
1 pair of flats that could go either way. Looks fabulous with a skirt or jeans
1 pair of tennis shoes that will provide at least a lil traction as we hike in the smokey mountains- cause I still don't own hiking shoes.

1 comment:

  1. LMAO! You forgot the 7th pair of "shoes" - slippers! Hope you have an awesome trip.

    ReplyDelete