Monday, September 5, 2011

a new beginning

Labor Day. The official last day of summer. Trying not to be too disappointed.

I love the long lazy days
I love the eating late dinners while its still light outside
I love the warmth (especially when it stays under 90)

I love the picnics outside
I love the random festivals
I love the last minute get togethers with friends

I love dreaming of my garden (even when it has a bad year)
I love the apron wearing, stove top destroying action of creating pasta sauce
I love the constant rearranging of glass jars to create enough space

Trying to look forward to Fall. A new beginning.

Excited for new kiddos in the classroom
Excited for pulling long forgotten favorites of out the closet
Excited for boots and sweaters and scarves

Excited for open windows and blowing breezes
Excited for falling leaves and jumping in piles
Excited for bonfires (and wine)

Excited for football season
(how i love the excuse to see my family every weekend)
Excited for built in craft time and encouraging the runners to make it to C deck
Excited for potlucks and trying new dishes

1 comment: