Monday, March 7, 2011

What I learned last week

Always, always bring extra coffee to work when getting new children and/or changing the classroom schedule. And if they both happen the same day (and you get 2 children) make sure the coffee is extra tall and extra hot.

I quickly realized my error when I walked into the day empty handed. I rectified it at lunch. Coffee goes a long way to making my day run smoother.

Even on the crappiest of crappy days, humor can be found- usually in the midst of another crappy situation. Why is their poop in your underwear? "I dunno. I just coughed and it snuck out."

Provided a great distraction from the chaos of the classroom

Having to play man on man instead of zone defense in a classroom is exhausting. The constant stress over where is so and so. The constant creating new ways to convince him to want to stay by my side. The constant stern looks- now what makes you think that is an appropriate way to handle the situation?

The day I've planned to NOT drink wine with dinner is the day I'll need it the most. And cave in. And drink nearly the whole bottle.

Getting up for work the next day will once again require large amounts of coffee. Viscous Cycle.

A fresh coat of paint makes a world of difference. Also makes me rethink everything that was hung on the walls. Makes my store room a disaster from storing said things that no longer hang on the walls.

Here's to needing fewer cups of coffee to get through the days this week

1 comment: