Monday, February 8, 2010

Too much yummyness in one bowl!

During the weekend o'snow I was feeling especially creative. Cause really who wants to brave 8" of snow just to get to the car. One creative experiment: Black Bean Hummus Dip. Super Simple. Super Yummy. May inspire extra trips to the store for stocking up on Black Beans.

Drain 1 can of Black Beans. (I then proceeded to thoroughly rinse them, cause really that slimy black stuff is gross!)

Pour into Food Processor and begin processing. Once the beans turn into an awesome looking paste, drizzle in a bit of Olive Oil (I used 1 Tbsp and I think I'll use less next time) This evens out the bean texture a bit. Process some more.

Add your favorite seasonings: Mine include seasoning salt, chipotle chili powder, pepper and more salt (cause I love me some salty goodness!) Process away! (Have I mentioned I love, love, love my food processor!)

Scoop into a bowl, stir in some grated pepperjack cheese. Warm in microwave.

Add more pepperjack cheese on top and dig in. I chose Multigrain Tortilla Chips as my vessel for transporting the yummy black bean dip into my mouth.

Mmmm Mmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment