Tuesday, February 2, 2010

And the Grammy goes to...

We've decided for as much our amusement as the parents, we'll be instituting the Koala Room Grammy Awards. Nominees are (insert drumroll here)

The girl who yells at her friend "Go away!" Changes her mind, runs after her friend. Finally catches up to her friend and yells "Go away!" Repeat. Several times. For 20 minutes.

The boy who freaks out about his shoe laces being untied. Now I'm all for safety. But realizing a potential tripping hazard exists between your feet does not need to be followed up by a full fledged hysterical meltdown. While holding said untied shoelaces. Hopping around on one foot. Screaming "Untied, my's shoes untied. my's shoes untied!"

The girl who while trying to avoid taking a nap- even though she's soo tired her eyes won't stay open alternates between screaming and crying. Screaming 'on my cot. i wanna be on my cot' Crying 'rock me. rock me.' Dear sweet child. Just give in. Go to sleep. Or at least make up your mind and stop screaming.

The boy who halfway through lunch realizes he is no longer wearing his hat. His winter hat that belongs to his brother, older than him by 2 years. His winter hat that is slightly too big, that he chooses to wear off to one side that leads to a slight gansta look. His winter hat that we secretly stashed in his cubby to avoid getting smeared with ketchup. As he realizes his, full on meltdown in the middle of our lunch room. Let to plates/cups being removed for the sake of everyone at the table who didn't need ketchup on them. Except me. Cause after he recovers from 'how dare you take my hat' he needs a good snuggle. The boy, covered in ketchup and snot leans in for a good snuggle. (and that is why I wear work clothes)

No comments:

Post a Comment