Friday, December 4, 2009

Traffic is stupid at 3pm

How do I know that traffic is stupid at 3 pm? I was driving in my car (but Carri, shouldn't you be working?) I know, but I was driving in my car. Driving rather quickly. I speeding/swearving/honking my way up 315 in an effort to make it home and back to work in 20 min.

For months now I've been thinking, I really should put some extra clothes in my car. In the past I have been "splashed" with bodily fluids. But yesterday I was fully baptized into the club of educators.

You see, as I was changing a rather sleepy and hungry toddler we had a bonding moment. Just as I took the diaper off and asked if he wanted to sit on the potty I noticed something. My right leg was feeling rather warm. I look down and follow the huge stream of urine flowing to my leg. With a quick shout and turning his toddler body I was able to miss most of it. But the giant wet patch on my leg had to be rectified.

And that is why I was speeding home at 3pm. Nothing felt better than getting out of those pants.

No comments:

Post a Comment