Monday, April 22, 2013

An unintended project

It began as most evenings do this time of year
Cocktail hour on the front porch
Dear friends due to arrive momentarily for an evening of firepit fun

When all of the sudden...
Disaster Struck:
     PS when I read books to my kiddos at school I use storytelling liberties
     several times in each reading, a gasp, a subtle: but then dun dun dun
     it makes me feel better as I read the same story over and over and over
     this week it's Pig's Can't Fly, a good book the first 3 times I read it

Note to self:  sitting on the 'good side' of the swing won't work
you will still fall
We made a plan, a goal really
Can we have it fixed by next weekend?


Yes it can!  Thanks to my awesome handyman
And the hardware shop down the street for the multiple trips it took
Sometimes it's hard to remember the piece of wood and the bolts
We had contemplated painting the swing anyhow


Picking out this paint color was the bright spot in the day of my car getting crunched
Painting a porch swing is very tedious work
But it totally brightens up our porch 
and complements the turquoise rocking chair exquisitly





No comments:

Post a Comment