Monday, August 1, 2011

this is the story of a shirt

So way back when we cut our cable I dreamt of all the projects I could do with the lack of distractions.

It turned out to be more accurately describes as "all the projects I could start"

But this lil one actually got finished and got finished on the same day it got started!

I have this shirt, its a shirt I love.
I hate the sleeves.
They are barely there and poofy
It's like they couldn't make up their minds, either be a sleeve or be gone!
So I decided to make up their minds for them...
ignore the pit stains. i get to play outside
2 hours every day. in the summer that means
i sweat. a lot. but also have a rad farmers tan

My original thought plan:
I had this old hideous shirt that had normal, ordinary white sleeves. Simply remove them from the hideous shirt and stitch them onto my fav.
Then I realized, hmmm that shirt wasn't ever white, and especially isn't white after being worn/subjected to the mess of toddlers/laundered for 2 years.

Really didn't want to have to buy new fabric. After rummaging through boyfriends closet, then my closet I found a rather fetching looking blue. Not quite matchy matchy, but imagined it would look interesting as a transition piece to my new sleeves.


drum roll....


I think I love the sleeves. We'll wait for a trip through the laundry to confirm. The blue/white/blue seams are sewn on the outside so they'll frey a bit which I'm excited about. Plus now there are you know, actual sleeves on the shirt!


oh and that basket up there on the right?
yeah thats 1 of 3 baskets
trying to contain the mess of projects in process

No comments:

Post a Comment