Wednesday, June 8, 2011

teaching toddlers wreaks havoc on my nails

or why I don't get pedicures

During my break yesterday I glanced down and noticed horror of horrors my previously fabulously painted dark purple toenails look like they had been run through a sand blaster.

Nope just my toddlers

and their constant stepping on my toes
and their needing to drive small cars across my feet
and their lack of body awareness, oh were you standing there?
as they drive their bikes around and around (and over my feet)

not to mention the sandbox and its need for a teacher to sit in it to supervise, lest we start throwing sand at our friends, or like the curious move I watched yesterday as a certain lil guy sat with his mouth wide open, tongue hanging out as a friend 'wiped' sand off his tongue (ignoring the fact that her hand was equally covered in mud)

or the mulch piles where we dig for worms, grubs and roly poly bugs

These forces combine to create "hazardous working conditions" for my painted toes.

Some would say I could just wear close toed shoes. Ha! If I'm going to be outside for 2 hours each day, I will have fabulous flip flop tan lines!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment