Friday, May 22, 2009

I realized this week just how different my job is from Jesse's.  He works on cars for a living, designing things, building things, testing things.  I don't.

This week at school we were given a slew of brand new books- wahoo!  As you might imagine, I spent a great deal of time reading these books.  In particular a favorite called My Car.  One page inspired a conversation that highlights just how different my job is.  The particular page shows a super simple illustrated sideview of the car and points out certain parts: the steering wheel, the tires, the engine.  

Joseph: What's that?  (pointing to the engine)

Me: The engine

Joseph:  What's it do

Me: That's how the car works.

Joseph: How

Me: Well, your mom turns the key and then it works!

Joseph: But how!

Me: (at this point scrambling to remember all those oh so interesting details Jesse shares with me)  Well, you know how your mom turns the key and the engine comes on?  Well the key pushes a button that tells the engine to turn on and it does.  Then the car goes.

Tada!  Boys and girls, what did we learn at school today?  How cars work!

1 comment: